January 11, 2012

Winter Bird: 12 Months of Ornaments Project 1

Blue Bird: January Winter Bird Topic
Little Blue Bird

On January 2, Elizabeth and I launched a year long ornament project. I have a little one on the way and need indestructible ornaments for my tree and let's face it... November and December are crazy enough without trying to whip together 12 ornaments. To learn more visit the 2012 Ornament Challenge page and get sewing and sharing!

January's project theme is Winter Bird and I've created my first addition to the tree, Little Blue Bird. I hadn't mentioned that I'm also trying to use up some scraps around the sewing room, so everything you see here came out of a drawer or storage bin. I've scanned the Little Blue Bird pattern in case you'd like to make a flock for your tree. These little birds would also look good as decorations or even a mobile in a child's room.

If you make a winter bird ornament, please take a photo and add it to our Flickr Album to share! We'll be selecting a few to feature as inspiration in an upcoming post.

We'll be posting February's theme soon on the 2012 Ornament Challenge page so don't forget to come back and visit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...