This is one of my first attempts at hair accessories, so be kind. But everyone has to start somewhere, and I thought "Matching barrettes run a small fortune and honestly, why can't I just make them for each of little G's outfits?"
Easy Yo-Yo Barrette Instructions
- Buy a pack of ribbon covered barrettes for the base. I found these at Hobby Lobby and you can't beat 12 for $4.99 (less if you use your 40% off mobile coupon).
- Trace a fabric circle. I use a grosgrain ribbon spool as a template. Cut it out for your circle.
- Fold over the edges of the fabric circle about 1/4 inch to hide the raw edges, and baste stitch around the entire circle.
- Pull the thread to cinch up your circle, creating your yo-yo flower base. Knot your thread and iron the yo-yo flat.
- Sew a cute button into the circle of your flower to hide the gathered center.
- Hot glue the ribbon bow onto your covered barrette, and then hot glue the flower onto the bow.
- Let dry and admire your custom barrette.