June 23, 2012

Yummmm.... Nutella 3 Ways


While my sister was visiting, I decided to try a recipe off our Inspire Me Grey "Food I Should Make" Pinterest board. Yes, shocking I know -- to actually set out and accomplish something "pinned" is amazing indeed! The recipe was a hit (not too sweet) and I highly recommend it with a nice cup of tea. However, it did leave me with a dilemma: What do you do with the rest of the Nutella? I've come up with three great ways to use up a jar of Nutella so that you don't fall victim to it's delicious goodness that calls to you in the middle of the night.

1. Nutella Crescent Pockets

Found on Pinterest (no link available) so I'll attribute to the pinner Kitschy Cupcakes, whom we follow. The recipe from Kitschy Cupcakes: Unroll crescent rolls and close up the seams, use a pizza cutter to slice the crescent dough into smaller rectangles, and put a scoop of Nutella in each one -- I recommend a good-sized scoop, as our filling didn't melt and spread as much as we expected. Fold the dough over the Nutella and crimp the edges with the tines of a fork.  Toss the pocket in cinnamon and sugar and then bake according to the package directions.

2.  Nutella S'mores

This is easy and you will quickly become addicted to the sugary goodness. Slather your nutella on a graham cracker. Add mini marshmallows, then spread Nutella on the "top" cracker as well (this is optional but I highly recommend it). Microwave for 9 seconds (depends on your microwave strength but this was enough to melt them, but not enough to dry them out). Kids will love this since the marshmallows expand in the microwave. I warn you, have plenty of grahams and marshmallows on hand!



3.  Just Nutella

Eat it with a spoon (or your fingers)! Sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go. Nutella can be the perfect solution to that chocolate craving...just watch out: In my house it never lasts long once found!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...